On Dec 7, 2008, at 5:56 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 5:50 PM, Grant Ingersoll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The jars aren't checked in to the example.

But "ant example" puts them there - doesn't matter from a user perspective.

The thing is, the extraction
stuff is a contrib and not on by default and not packaged into the WAR.

But then why do all the jars still get copied into the example lib directory?
Is this intentional?

Yes, it is intentional. The patch originally had the ERH turned on in the example, but then crazily enough, the core unit tests have dependencies on the example, so go figure. So, I thought this was a compromise. Have the example ready to go if someone runs "ant example" but not break the unit tests that for some reason depend on example code.

Like I said, I think we really need take a step back and better organize the code and think just a little bit more about packaging, core, contribs, clients, etc. b/c right now it's all a big mish-mash.

-Grant