Thanks a lot, Michael. See replies below.

> Am 25.03.2015 um 21:41 schrieb Michael Della Bitta
> <michael.della.bi...@appinions.com>:
>
> Two other things I noticed:
>
> 1. You probably don't want to store your copyFields. That's literally going
> to be the same information each time.

OK, got it. I have set the targets of the copy fields to store=„false“.

> 2. Your expectation "the pre-processed version of the text is added to the
> index" may be incorrect. Anything done in <analyzer type="query"> sections
> actually happens at query time. Not sure if that's significant for you.

I was actually referring to what is happening at index time. So, the
pre-processing steps are applied under <analyzer type=„index“>. And this point
is not quite clear to me: Assuming that I have a simple case-folding step
applied to the target of the copyField: How or where are the lower-case tokens
stored, if the text isn’t added to the index? How is the query supposed to
retrieve the lower-case version?
(sorry, if this sounds like a naive question, but I have a feeling that I am
missing something really basic here).

Cheers,

Martin