I agree the terminology is possibly a little confusing.

Stored refers to values that are stored verbatim. You can retrieve them
verbatim. Analysis does not affect stored values.
Indexed values are tokenized/transformed and stored inverted. You can't
recover the literal analyzed version (at least, not easily).

If what you really want is to store and retrieve case folded versions of
your data as well as the original, you need to use something like a
UpdateRequestProcessor, which I personally am less familiar with.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Martin Wunderlich <martin...@gmx.net>
wrote:

> So, the pre-processing steps are applied under <analyzer type=„index“>.
> And this point is not quite clear to me: Assuming that I have a simple
> case-folding step applied to the target of the copyField: How or where are
> the lower-case tokens stored, if the text isn’t added to the index? How is
> the query supposed to retrieve the lower-case version?
> (sorry, if this sounds like a naive question, but I have a feeling that I
> am missing something really basic here).

Michael Della Bitta

Senior Software Engineer

o: +1 646 532 3062

appinions inc.