On 9/15/2015 6:49 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:

>From the information we have, we cannot tell if this is a problem
request or not.  Do you have a core/collection named "EventLog" on your
Solr server?  It will be case sensitive.  If you do, does that config
have a handler named "spellCheckCompRH" in it (also case sensitive)?

The nc output lets us see everything that your client sent to Solr, so I
have built a test URL for you based on that info.

Try sending the following URL from a browser or a curl command.  If I've
gotten the host wrong, go ahead and replace it with the correct value.
You'll probably be able to see any errors right in the browser or curl
output.  Hopefully this will help you figure out what's happening.  Also
look in your Solr server's logfile for error messages.

http://dell9-tir:8983/solr/EventLog/spellCheckCompRH?qt=%2FspellCheckCompRH&q=Some+more+text+wit+some+missspelled+wordz.&spellcheck=on&spellcheck.build=true&wt=json&indent=true

I notice that you have "spellcheck.build=true" in that URL.  You
probably don't want to do this on every request, assuming that your
spellcheck dictionary even requires building.

Thanks,
Shawn
It wasn't really a problem request, but a follow-up to those who took the time to help me. However, since this error has returned, it is now a problem request! ;-)

I am aware that "spellcheck.build=true" is expensive, but since I haven't had my first success yet with spell-checking, I figured it wouldn't hurt to have it in there for now.

I ran the URL you gave verbatim (because your assumptions were correct), but I got the stacktrace shown below. This is particularly puzzling because I can find nowhere in my code or configuration where I am specifying a float value where I shouldn't be. My solrconfig.xml and schema.xml are posted in another thread having a subject "Moving on to spelling" if that helps you help me.

Thanks,
Mark

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /solr/EventLog/spellCheckCompRH. Reason:

{msg=SolrCore 'EventLog' is not available due to init failure: java.lang.Float cannot be cast to java.lang.String,trace=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: SolrCore 'EventLog' is not available due to init failure: java.lang.Float cannot be cast to java.lang.String
    at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.getCore(CoreContainer.java:978)
    at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.init(HttpSolrCall.java:250)
    at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.call(HttpSolrCall.java:417)
at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:210) at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:179) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:585) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143) at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127) at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:215) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:110) at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:310)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257) at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:540) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635) at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: java.lang.Float cannot be cast to java.lang.String
    at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:820)
    at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:659)
    at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:727)
    at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:447)
    at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:438)
at org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor$1.run(ExecutorUtil.java:210) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    ... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Float cannot be cast to java.lang.String at org.apache.solr.spelling.AbstractLuceneSpellChecker.init(AbstractLuceneSpellChecker.java:97) at org.apache.solr.spelling.IndexBasedSpellChecker.init(IndexBasedSpellChecker.java:57) at org.apache.solr.handler.component.SpellCheckComponent.inform(SpellCheckComponent.java:660) at org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.inform(SolrResourceLoader.java:619)
    at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:800)
    ... 9 more
,code=500}