Ah ha!! Exactly my point in the post I sent about the same time you did (same Thread)!
Mark

On 9/16/2015 8:03 AM, Mikhail Khludnev wrote:
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/trunk/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/spelling/AbstractLuceneSpellChecker.java#L97
this mean that

<float name="accuracy">0.5</float>

should be replaced to

<str name="accuracy">0.5</str>

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Upayavira <u...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:

See this:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Float cannot be cast
to java.lang.String
      at

org.apache.solr.spelling.AbstractLuceneSpellChecker.init(AbstractLuceneSpellChecker.java:97)

AbstractLuceneSpellChecker is expecting a string, but getting a float.
Can you paste here the config (in solrconfig.xml) for your spellchecker?

Also, a simple way to get spell checking started is to look at the
/browse example that comes with the techproducts sample configs. It has
spellchecking already working, so starting there can be a way to get
something going easily.

Upayavira

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015, at 12:22 PM, Mark Fenbers wrote:
On 9/15/2015 6:49 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
>From the information we have, we cannot tell if this is a problem
request or not.  Do you have a core/collection named "EventLog" on your
Solr server?  It will be case sensitive.  If you do, does that config
have a handler named "spellCheckCompRH" in it (also case sensitive)?

The nc output lets us see everything that your client sent to Solr, so
have built a test URL for you based on that info.

Try sending the following URL from a browser or a curl command.  If
I've
gotten the host wrong, go ahead and replace it with the correct value.
You'll probably be able to see any errors right in the browser or curl
output.  Hopefully this will help you figure out what's happening.
Also
look in your Solr server's logfile for error messages.

http://dell9-tir:8983/solr/EventLog/spellCheckCompRH?qt=%2FspellCheckCompRH&q=Some+more+text+wit+some+missspelled+wordz.&spellcheck=on&spellcheck.build=true&wt=json&indent=true
I notice that you have "spellcheck.build=true" in that URL.  You
probably don't want to do this on every request, assuming that your
spellcheck dictionary even requires building.

Thanks,
Shawn
It wasn't really a problem request, but a follow-up to those who took
the time to help me.  However, since this error has returned, it is now
a problem request!  ;-)

I am aware that "spellcheck.build=true" is expensive, but since I
haven't had my first success yet with spell-checking, I figured it
wouldn't hurt to have it in there for now.

I ran the URL you gave verbatim (because your assumptions were correct),
but I got the stacktrace shown below.  This is particularly puzzling
because I can find nowhere in my code or configuration where I am
specifying a float value where I shouldn't be.  My solrconfig.xml and
schema.xml are posted in another thread having a subject "Moving on to
spelling" if that helps you help me.

Thanks,
Mark

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /solr/EventLog/spellCheckCompRH. Reason:

      {msg=SolrCore 'EventLog' is not available due to init failure:
java.lang.Float cannot be cast to
java.lang.String,trace=org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: SolrCore
'EventLog' is not available due to init failure: java.lang.Float cannot
be cast to java.lang.String
      at
      org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.getCore(CoreContainer.java:978)
      at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.init(HttpSolrCall.java:250)
      at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.call(HttpSolrCall.java:417)
      at

org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:210)
      at

org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:179)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1652)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:585)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)
      at
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:215)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:110)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
      at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:310)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:540)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
      at

org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: java.lang.Float cannot
be cast to java.lang.String
      at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:820)
      at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:659)
      at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:727)
      at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:447)
      at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:438)
      at

org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor$1.run(ExecutorUtil.java:210)
      at

      at

      ... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Float cannot be cast
to java.lang.String
      at

org.apache.solr.spelling.AbstractLuceneSpellChecker.init(AbstractLuceneSpellChecker.java:97)
      at

org.apache.solr.spelling.IndexBasedSpellChecker.init(IndexBasedSpellChecker.java:57)
      at

org.apache.solr.handler.component.SpellCheckComponent.inform(SpellCheckComponent.java:660)
      at

org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.inform(SolrResourceLoader.java:619)
      at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:800)
      ... 9 more
,code=500}