From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apa...@elyograg.org]
Sent: Monday, February 29, 2016 3:45 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: ExtendedDisMax configuration nowhere to be found

On 2/29/2016 7:00 AM, jimi.hulleg...@svensktnaringsliv.se wrote:
> So, should I assume that the "Confluence wiki" is the correct place for all
> documentation, even for solr 4.6?

If you want documentation specifically for 4.6, there are version-specific
releases of the guide:

https://archive.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/ref-guide/

The confluence wiki is the "live" version of the reference guide, applicable to
whatever version of Solr is being worked on at the moment, not the released
versions.  Because it's such a large documentation set and Solr evolves
incrementally, quite a lot of the confluence wiki is applicable to older
versions, but the wiki as a whole is not intended for those older versions.

The project is gearing up to begin the work on releasing version 6.0, so you
can expect a LOT of change activity on the confluence wiki in the near future.
I have no idea how long it will take to finish 6.0.  The last two major
releases (4.0 and 5.0) took months, but there's strong hope on the team that it
will only take a few weeks this time.

If you want to keep an eye on the pulse of the project, join the dev list.