Shawn,

Thanks for the info. We’ve been running this way for the past 4 years.

We were running on very large hardware, 20 physical cores with 256 gigs of ram
with 3 billion document and it was the only way we could take advantage of the
hardware.

Running 1 Solr instance per server never gave us the throughput we needed.

So I somewhat disagree with your statement because our test proved otherwise.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone