Von: Dodd, Paul Sutton (UB)
Gesendet: Dienstag, 29. Januar 2019 13:31
An: 'solr-user@lucene.apache.org' <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Betreff: AW: Indexing in one collection affect index in another collection

Hi

If the reason for the difference in speed is that the index is being read from
disk, I would expect that the first query would be slow, but subsequent queries
on the same collection should speed up. A query on the other collection could
then be slower. In this case I would say that this is normal behavior. The OS
file cache cannot be relied upon to give the same results in different
circumstances, including different software  versions.

You may wish to install the RamMap tool[1], [2], although you may be having the
inverse problem to that described in [1]. You can then see how much space is
used by the cache and other demands.

If subsequent queries are fast, then to me it does not seem like a problem for
a development machine.  For production you may wish to store  the indices in
ram and/or change from windows to linux, id it is important that all queries
including the first are very fast.

Have a nice day
Paul