Hi Shawn,

No worries, and thanks for your clarification.

We make these changes in order to use the Unifed Highlighter, with
hl.offsetSource = POSTING, and add "light" term vectors.

The settings comes from what is written in the Solr guide on highlighting,
which says the following:

*Postings*: Supported by the Unified Highlighter. Set
storeOffsetsWithPositions to true. This adds a moderate amount of extra
data to the index but it speeds up highlighting tremendously, especially
compared to analysis with longer text fields.

However, wildcard queries will fall back to analysis unless "light" term
vectors are added.

   -

   *with Term Vectors (light)*: Supported only by the Unified Highlighter.
   To enable this mode set termVectors to true but no other term vector
   related options on the field being highlighted.

   This adds even more data to the index than just
storeOffsetsWithPositions but
   not as much as enabling all the extra term vector options. Term Vectors are
   only accessed by the highlighter when a wildcard query is used and will
   prevent a fall back to analysis of the stored text.

   This is definitely the fastest option for highlighting wildcard queries
   on large text fields.

Below is the link to the guide:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/highlighting.html

Regards,