MilkDud schrieb:

Basically, what I am trying to do is index a collection of music for
an online music store.  This contains information on the track, album,
and artist levels.  These are all different object types in the same
schema and it does contain a lot of redundant information.

What's a document in your case? If I were you, I'd probably organize
the data so that each album is one document, because that's what you'd
expect (shopping experience).

For example, a track will have its own listing, but will show up again
in the album listing and the artist listing for the objects that own
that track.

Sounds a bit bizarre to me, but then I don't know much about your
requirements.

There are reasons it is done this way as we search/display across the
three differently.

Hmm.

That said, I have thought of ways of just indexing tracks and
maintaining all the relevant information, but that seems to introduce
its own issues.

An album should be a document and have the following fields (and maybe
more, if you have more data attached to it):

id - unique, an identifier
title - album title
interpret - the musician, possibly multi-valued
track - every song or whatever, definitely multi-valued

Michael Ludwig