On 9/9/2011 10:52 AM, Pulkit Singhal wrote:
> Thank You Yury. After looking at your thread, there's something I must
> clarify: Is solr.xml not uploaded and held in ZooKeeper?

Not as far as I understand. Cores are loaded/created by the local
Solr server based on solr.xml and then registered with ZK, so that
ZK know what cores are out there and how they are organized in shards.

> because you have a slightly different config between Node 1 & 2:
> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Replication-setup-with-SolrCloud-Zk-td2952602.html

I have two shards, each shard having a master and a slave core.
Cores are located so that master and slave are on different nodes.
This protects search (but not indexing) from node failure.