It is as you say, Greg. To be more explicit, I'll tell you the exact problem.
I need to draw a triangle given by three vertices (which I do using soya.Face),
and then put a label on top of the face. I can orient the label so that the
normal vector to the label is the same as the normal vector to the face, but I
need more: I want the text-direction to be given (the vector given by the short
part of a capital 'L', for example). I have been trying to align the text with
the vector given by the first two vertices of the face without success.
  I can build the rotation matrix easily, but extracting the angles around the
three principal axis that yield the rotation does not seem straightforward.
  Any hint will be welcome.
  Thank you all.
Pablo