On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:08:32 -0500
"David Bliss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wound up replacing the matrix. I don't have the code for it handy, but I
> know I somehow set the matrix with some work.

You can read or write the coord syst matrix using the matrix attribute.
However, you should do it carefully, especially when modifying scaling, since
Soya store the scale factor in additional values in the matrix (This is why
Soya matrixes have 19 values ; however you can set the matrix to a 16-value
list, and soya will kept the 3 last values of the current matrix).

Pablo, you can either set the matrix attribute (if you have the right matrix
values), or perform first a look_at (e.g. on the X axis), and then perform a
rotation in order to set the Y and Z axis as needed, e.g. if you want Z to
point to idealZ, perform a rotation around the cross product of currentZ and
idealZ, with an angle being the angle between currentZ and idealZ. This is what
I usually do when I am in a situation like you.

Jiba