----- Original Message -----
From: "Kenneth Porter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 2:45 PM
Subject: RE: [SAtalk] I hate Mandatory Mail Filtering!!!! - speakeasy.net
bites the dust. (was "I hate SpamAsssassin")

> --On Monday, June 09, 2003 2:33 PM -0700 "L. Walsh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > But this also misses the point -- mandatory filtering is *bad*.
>
> Ok, granted.
>
> I only use my ISP-supplied email account for ISP notifications. All else
goes
> to a mail server under my control. (And I use fetchmail to pull stuff from
the
> ISP account.) So my ISP account doesn't draw any spam because only the ISP
has
> a clue that it exists.
>
> Isn't SpeakEasy supposed to be server-friendly and linux-friendly?

The basically are.  Every question or request that I've had has been
responded to and usually resolved in a matter of hours, so I'm suprised that
this is even an issue.  I've been successfully using fetchmail to get mail
from my speakeasy account, but recently switched to having them just forward
the mail (unmolested) to another address.

I have yet to see any breakage if you simply set up forwarding from your
speakeasy account to wherever.  Looks like they don't bother running
anything on forwarded mail.

Oh, and turning off the spam filtering option in the myspeak console hasn't
left any emails tagged -- maybe they fixed it?

-r