I'd say that if you are very new to linux but are really good with PC's and
OS's, the initial setup time is pretty close.  If you are already familiar
with Linux, then the setup time would be much lower.  I installed the Linux
OS from scratch, installed and configured Postfix with SpamAssassin, and had
it running for about 200 users in about the 60 hours mentioned.  I had very
little Linux experience at the time, so I had to learn Linux, Postfix, and
SpamAssassin.  I didn't become an expert in those 60 hours, but learned
enough to get a production machine up and running.  Initially, I watched
things like a hawk, probably spending 2 hours a day or more for the first
couple weeks.  This has declined significantly over the last few months
since the implementation.  I now only check it once every few days, if that.

I could probably have a replacement system up and running in as little as
4-6 hours now that I am more familiar with Linux and each of the packages.

I don't know where the downtime comes from.  I currently have over 90 days
of uptime, and I only restart Postfix maybe once every other week if I add
some more spammers to the access list or tweak my header or subject checks.

Updating SpamAssassin takes about 10-15 minutes tops on the 2 updates I have
done so far.  I have not been required to update Postfix yet.  The AV is
once every 6 months or so, and the virus updates are automatic, as are the
RBL's except for a few manual entries for the truly egregious spammers.

Last month we deleted or tagged over 46,700 spam.  At 10 seconds per spam
(CNN did a study), it saves the company over 130 man-hours and $3,000 in
lost productivity per month.  And we did this with an old Dell Optiplex GX1
P-III/550.  Not bad.