Yorkshire Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I strongly suggest sticking with the MTA you know, for improved
> reliability and safety, at least until you're familiar with the
> other pieces in the puzzle.

I admit you got a point here. However, if the ominous "IT guy"
mentioned by Stephen Bannasch is worth his salt, he might postpone
decisions about the new mail server's software configuration until
he found the time to compare Sendmail and Postfix.

I became a Sendmail-to-Postfix convert by personal experience, and
you know there's no greater believer than a convert. :-) Seriously,
I had only the best intentions.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter

HORUS-IT
Ahornweg 10
D-57635 Oberirsen