On 24 Nov 2003 Fred ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> [...]
>
> SpamAssassin 2.4 is really out-dated, it's missing Bayes and thousands of
> other fixes that make it a better product.
>
> I had a good laugh on your article, you say "Spend the 10 or 20 per month
> per year for one of the commercial services", sir Dialup ISPs only receive
> 10-20 per month from their clients, how are we supposed to afford everything
> else when all our money goes to commercial e-mail services which we can do
> for free on our own in our spare time?

I agree with you Fred that there's plenty to criticize about that
article, but your last paragraph is not one of them. For the vast
majority of people it is well worth $10-20 per month for spam and
virus protection. Most people would much rather spend their
"spare time" doing something other than maintain a mail system.

--
Nancy McGough
Infinite Ink ~ <http://www.ii.com>