Yes, I knew how/why SC does what it does.  But it's design also leaves this
one area pretty wide open.  About the only way I know to solve it today is
to do a 'save page' of each parse page down to my PC.  Takes forever and is
very tedious...

How about this for the 'wishlist':  Leave SC the way it is, except to e-mail
me the actual parse page? (user preference option)  That lets me be the one
to store the resulting parse output page instead of SC.  If I have question
I can always post some or all of it to .spam for examination.  Comment?

Speaking of user preference option, I have set the option to send me a copy
of each spam I report.  The check box is never checked for my e-mail
address -- I have to check it myself.  What's the point of having the user
option if I still have to check the box myself?

--
Sue Morton


"Argyle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Sue Morton wrote:
> > OPerhaps SC could be changed to retain and show the
> > original parse output (and hang on to the original headers if that's
still a
> > requirement for something).  I have often found that going back to a
> > tracking URL produces a different result than the original parse.
>
> SpamCop keeps the headers, but that's all.  Just too much disk space
> involved in keeping all the stuff it generates.  Every time you visit
> a tracking URL, SpamCop parses the headers again in real time and
> reports what it finds then.
>
> Also, SpamCop assigns different tracking URLs to different elements of
> spam.  You can't use a tracking URL for the source of the spam
> (headers) to get information on how SpamCop tracked a web site or
> e-mail address it found in the spam itself.  You have to have the
> tracking URL for the specific issue.
> --
>
> - Don D'Minion -


_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to