ok, this is the last message from me in this thread.
I was not unpolite, gave tips and told why it's not a good thing.
I became alert of some issues when I realized the entries in the WHOIS DB,
and your constant "I have no clue" remarks. The large amount of spelling
errors in the posts only added up to it.
Then I didn't say you ARE a troll and or ignorebot but act like one.
Don (Argyle's left and right hand) asked you to "explain how your suggestion
would not lead to further complacency and therefore more mindless reporting.
Please use small words."
to which you answer "I would prefer you explain how you think it would lead
to further
complacency and more mindless reporting and I will tell you how that
wouldn't be the case."
and then you add "It is you that says it will lead to it, please tell me
how."
Again: if you would read all the replies, you would see how it will lead to
brainless click-click-click.
dollface told you "You are expected to verify the boxes that are checked
before pressing that button."
Ellen told you "I suspect that since people usually are pretty newbie when
they sign up
for SpamCop that if faced with the question during registration or during
preference setting that they will not understand the question and will enter
something like - bellsouth.net"
This NG is the help branch of spamcop not a discussion list. You got your
replies, you got your help, Don said that he put your request in the
suggestion box.
Robi "this thread is *plonked* now"
P.S. read from the links I sent earlier to find out what the words mean
"Paul Coleman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
9bpge7$utc$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9bpge7$utc$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Are you going to participate in a constructive discussion or not? I am
not
> a troll, at least I wasn't the last time I looked. I have absolutely no
> idea what an 'ignorebot' is, it sound like it is bad and I hope I don't
fit
> the bill.
>
> Please note the words to describe the use of this news group listed at the
> SC site "Help Only (spamcop.help) Please expect new user questions and be
> polite.". I don't feel you are being very polite. You seem to use terms
> not suited for a beginner. I find this very confusing and not very
helpful.
> I find that most of the reposes in this thread to contain a certain
disdain
> for the newcomer to the spam word. How can this be useful?
>
> I apologize about the 'SPAM'/'spam' thing, this is proof that I am not an
> expert in this area.
>
> Your reference to an 'ISP' and 'IP' are not a part of what I am
suggesting.
> I think these are found in the header of a message. I am referring to a
URL
> found on the body of a message. How is your concern about this related to
> my suggestion. Please refer to my response to Ellen and see if this makes
> it any clearer what I am suggesting.
>
> Most of the concerns I have received so far have been simple negativity
with
> no explanation to go with it. I can not defend my suggestion from a
> statement like "It would foster mindless ..." something. I need an
> explanation as to how you feel it is going to adversely affect SC and I
will
> try to either explain how it wouldn't or adjust my suggestion so that it
> wouldn't.
>
> Believe me, I am only trying to help.
>
> Paul Coleman
>
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help