I think that is easy enough. During registration ask what domains you own,
this is easily verified. Then ignore any lookups on this domain in the body
of the message. The benefits means better performance for the messages that
contain your domain as a URL in the body of the message as did this SPAM
that was sent to me.
Also include this option in the preferences so that modifications can be
made.
This in no way makes it easier for anyone to abuse the system.
As for the statement:
>
it's quite often the case
> that pre-checked boxes should be unchecked, and boxes which aren't
> pre-checked should be checked...
Unless it is my domain, like in this case, I probably wouldn't know if a
checked box should be un-checked or not. I assume that any checked box can
be safely sent. If this is not the case, I can not use this service as I do
not know how to make that distinction. If I was that good at detecting who
the report should go to, I would write the code myself and skip the fees.
Paul Coleman
"michael lefevre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
9bmgf6$kni$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9bmgf6$kni$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> "Paul Coleman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> 9bmfb2$k8k$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9bmfb2$k8k$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > You know, the more I have to think about this the more it becomes
apparent
> > that my request is a must have. Perhaps you can explain why anyone
would
> > want to inform them selves or their own provider that you received a
SPAM
> > and you suspect your self to be the sender of the SPAM. This tool
> provides
> > a list of possible receivers of a SPAM report. It goes through logic to
> > determine if the recipient should be pre-checked or not.
>
> not really... the origin is pre-checked, URLs are pre-checked, email
> addresses are not pre-checked... spamcop makes no attempt at determining
> which are related to the spam and which are not... it's quite often the
case
> that pre-checked boxes should be unchecked, and boxes which aren't
> pre-checked should be checked...
>
> > It makes
> > absolutely no logical sense at all to pre-check me or my provider as a
> > recipient to notify them that I might be the sender of this SPAM.
>
> it has been (mostly as a joke...) suggested that one of the pre-checked
> boxes should be "please ban me from spamcop"... having such a box would be
> an effective way of eliminating people that aren't looking at the boxes...
>
> the ability to report yourself to your own provider achieves something
> similar...
>
> > I am now
> > convinced that this should not be an option, it should be a mandatory
part
> > of the application. It should never pre-check a recipient of a report
> that
> > is either my domain or my provider on behalf of my domain period.
Unless
> > you all can give me a reasonable example of why anyone would want to do
> > that, I am offering my new proposal. I am no longer asking that this be
> > optional, I am asking that it be mandatory. The application should not
> > pre-check the recipient if it is one of my domains or one of my
providers
> > because of one of my domains.
>
> i don't see how it could ever be anything other than optional... spamcop
has
> no clue which domains are yours and your providers... how would you force
> people to enter the correct domains?
>
> so unless you have any ideas about how to implement this...
>
> michael
> spamcop user, not an admin
>
>
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help