On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 2:22 PM, W. Trevor King <wk...@tremily.us> wrote:
> Discussion spawned by my v1 Verbatim proposal [1] seems to have died
> down, so here's a v2.  Changes since v1:
>
> * Renamed from ‘Verbatim’ to ‘GNUVerbatim’ to allow for other verbatim
>   names in the future (e.g. if someone wants to register [2] as
>   GNUVerbatimWeb [3] or wants to register non-GNU verbatim license).
> * Suggested <alt> tags to match the wording used by the GNU CC General
>   Public License [4,5] or non-license documents.
>
> # Motivation
>
> The GPL family of licenses (e.g. [6]) and some other documents
> (e.g. [7]) are licensed under a verbatim license (canonical text
> attached).  The GNU CC General Public License (1988) was also released
> under very similar language [4].  I propose we add this license with
> markup like:
>
>   …copies of this <alt name="doc" match="license|document|license
>   document">license document</alt>, but …
>
> so we can express all of those closely related licenses with the
> GNUVerbatim short ID without resorting to custom LicenseRef-*.

Trevor:
Is this a joke or are you seriously suggesting that you want to track
the license of licenses?
Would there not be a risk of infinite recursion!?
e.g. your GNUVerbatim license license should be what then? GNUVerbatimVerbatim?
or would it instead self-reference itself in some strange loop?
--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne