Vince,

I used cad out of the box for years and when we switched to Autosprink and
actually learned it, my design time is easily cut in half. I would hate to
go back to straight cad.

The text is a problem, but the layers you can manipulate all you want. The
real savings is in the stacklisting and the hydraulics. You can change sizes
and reconfigure piping multiple ways and get your answer in minutes vs
inputting a grid manually, then a tree, maybe a loop etc which can take
hours manually for a large system.

As far as laying out heads manually, I do that in nearly everything except
the easy stuff; warehouses etc. I very much design like I did before with
the exception of the time savings.

Greg 


Living Water Fire Protection, LLC
1160 McKenzie Road
Cantonment, FL 32533
850-937-1850
Fax: 850-937-1852


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vince Sabolik
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 5:27 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Design software

At 03:25 PM 2/14/2007, you wrote:
>I have been told by several contracts that they can not manipulate 
>where the program places text, nodes and other type information on the 
>drawings.  This has often resulted in some pretty crappy looking

I use cad right out of the box, hence the text, nodes and insertions go
where I put them. I like having the option of using blocks, layers, &
routines to suit the job rather than the program.

Anybody else work outta the box?

 
Vince
    


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to