Dear Forum Members,  We are working on a retrofit for a church.  The
building is entirely wood construction, built with large glu-lams and 14"
composite trusses (parallel to the glu-lams).  We are protecting a small
cold space above a balcony.  The roof pitch is 12 in 12, and the cold space
dies into a full height wall.  So the space is a right triangle (with the
slope being the hypotenuse), instead of a typical attic and a typical peak.
8.6.4.1.4.2 (07) says I have to have a head within 12" of the bottom of the
top chord (TJI).  First, does this rule still apply when I don't have a two
slopes to protect?  Secondly, if this rules does apply, I'd have to add a
second line (in a very small space) and I couldn't maintain 6 feet between
heads, while still being more than 5 feet from the eave?  Please help.


Thanks

Jimmy Waite
Burtell Fire Protection
406-652-7697
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to