The reason I  " think" the design area changed from 1,500 to 3,000is because
this building was protected with a sprinkler system
prior to the 1994 renovation.   Even in 1994, I am not sure the
3,000 sq. ft. design area was "specified" in the standard-of-the-day
which the military was using then.   Three thousand sq ft
is the default in UFC 3-600-01 now for OH protection.

And yes, I am the QCFPE.  And you can LITERALLY say
the QC FPE only serves one master, but that is not the
reality.  And for good reason.  The military
want a good product.  Makes sense, after all...the design
is on everyone's tax dime.

I think documenting the underground is the proper thing to
do.  And that is the way it is going down on this watch.  If
it were about grooved couplings above
a hard lid, frankly, I would not care.  If it were about inspecting
welds with a Brinnell test or gauging the appropriateness
of couplings -- regularaly, no, I would not care.  But I care
about getting the underground right.

The idea and intent behind this thread, was to find out
what is and was reasonable.  You all have helped.



scot deal
excelsior fire
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to