Ben:

We've done military hangars with the Viking grate nozzles; check out 
www.vikingcorp.com, pull down the Products menu and go to Foam Systems.   The 
nozzles are on the Discharge Devices page.  The complete foam data book can be 
found by following the Technical Data pull down to Foam Products.

Steve Leyton
Protection Design & Consulting
San Diego, CA




-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of DerBlitzkrieger
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2009 12:10 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Low level foam systems

Hello,

I'm reviewing the design and installation for a Group I aircraft hangar of
Type I construction.  The plane being worked on is a C-130J-30 and its wing
area doesn't excced 3000 ft², so I only need a sprinkler system, and a low
level low- or high-expansion foam system.

My problem is, I cannot find a definition for what a low-level foam system
is.  IE, max foam generator height, etc.  I've checked NFPA 11, 16, 409, and
the glossary of terms.

That's somewhat academic, as the system designer opted instead to go with a
roof level high expansion foam system using blower type generators, and
using the sprinkler system to actuate the system.

This seems like the total flooding roof level system would be a better
protection route than anything a low-level system could provide.  What do
you think?  And what exactly makes a low-level foam system low-level?

I would appreciate any insight into this.

Thanks,

Ben Young, CET
Fire Protection Construction Lead
DynCorp AFCAP
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
 

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature 
database 4116 (20090529) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com
 
 

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature 
database 4116 (20090529) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com
 
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to