I'm familiar with the Metraflex, obviously he is not.

But before I blow him off concerning his specifying flexible pipe I wanted to 
be sure there wasn't some obscure manufacturer out there who actually made such 
and animal.

The flexible pipe is being used to compensate for the movement between sections 
of the pier.  

CH2MHILL/SPB
Craig Prahl
8640599-4102
________________________________________
From: [email protected] 
[[email protected]] On Behalf Of George Church 
[[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 10:18 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Flexible Pipe

Can't use hard pipe to make the bends....
Has he tried using those "elbow" thingies we often put on the end of a pipe
if we want to make a bend? They're far faster and more predictable than
bending the pipe.

Otherwise, if they're trying to make an odd angle and can't use a pair of
90's to make a swing, a metraflex type of connection - far less than 10'
long, could do the trick.

Friction loss not an issue? Not to mention, cost of a 4" diam 10' long
flexdrop.

glc



-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
[email protected]
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 10:03 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Flexible Pipe

Yeah you read this right.

I'm reviewing a pacakge and the EOR has called out for flexible pipe at a
couple of areas where he thinks they can't use hard pipe to make the bends,
plus he is wanting some allowance for movement.  This is on a pier.

So I've hunted even though in all my years dabbling in this I can't recall
such an animal.  Flexible connections and flexible drops are one thing but a
10-20 ft section of "flexible" pipe?

Anyone ever heard or seen such a thing?

He's not called out any manufacturer and is out of town right now so I can't
ask what he had in mind.

It's not a sprinkler system,  it's a 4" manual, dry standpipe line along the
pier.


CH2MHILL/SPB
Craig Prahl
864-599-4102
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to