We also did a manual standpipe for two piers just north of Boston 5-6 years
ago, 4" galvy40, pre-primed gray, swing joints, and all flex couplings and
doubled up the 4-way braces.  Slight tidal fluctuations, brackish water,
nothing over 2'.  The Yacht Club wanted to install gas islands at each end
(+/- 125') so the requirement for FDV's.  The FD used it all summer for
training and I believe every summer since, I know last summer they did; we
got a call for a broken FDV handle.  Seemed to work fine but I would suggest
Sch40 and prime it, we sprayed the bolts on the galvy couplings while under
hydro too.  Not an easy job for fat guys in prams but it was a nice change.
:)
Tom
'FGIP', still there under the dock.


Rich,

I think you were still with FM when this happened but down where the
harbor tours leave from there's a floating dock attached to the fixed
pier by a gangway. We ran a pipe along the gangway with that double
swing joint (all flex couplings by the way) that I described earlier
at both ends, and as far as I know there's been no problem. I have a
concern that it might leak at a joint or two but no more than hose
couplings so I doubt if it would be an unsurmountable problem.


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to