I was in FL at one time a few years ago, could be the same one.

Not the same, but still good.

Bobby Gillett
Sr. Project Manager
Key Fire Protection, Inc.
(731) 424-0130 office  (731) 424-9285 fax 
(731) 267-4853 cell
[email protected]
 
 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Chris Cahill
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:35 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Exterior dry system piping under canopy

Oooops, nah, it's all different if it's not here.  I have to drive through
TN next month to get to FL. It's not all the same "down there", lol.  

Must be the other Bobby, yeah that's my story. 

Chris 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Bobby Gillett
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:29 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Exterior dry system piping under canopy

No no, Bobby is in TN. and this is a fully covered canopy. - beam & purlin
construction.

Bobby Gillett
Sr. Project Manager
Key Fire Protection, Inc.
(731) 424-0130 office  (731) 424-9285 fax 
(731) 267-4853 cell
[email protected]
 
 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Chris Cahill
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:26 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Exterior dry system piping under canopy

I don't see it as that clear.  '02-8.15.3.2.3 Where corrosive conditions
exist OR the piping is exposed to weather......

So I guess it depends on the definition of "exposed to weather".  One could
say outside period.  Bobby is in FL, I imagine ambient air is a little
moister and perhaps saltier even inland than here in the flooded tundra.  

Or I guess it could mean gets rained on so with a cover maybe not exposed to
weather. 

I know open parking ramps don't fair well here with black nor do wash bays
inside.  Generic store front canopy a little grayer. 

Chris Cahill, P.E.
Fire Protection Engineer
Sentry Fire Protection, Inc.
 
763-658-4483
763-658-4921 fax
 
Email: [email protected]
 
Mail: P.O. Box 69
        Waverly, MN 55390
 
Location: 4439 Hwy 12 SW
              Waverly, MN 55390
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of John Denhardt
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:39 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Exterior dry system piping under canopy

It is not required to be galvanized per NFPA 13.

John


John August Denhardt, P.E.
Strickland Fire Protection Incorporated
5113 Berwyn Road
College Park, Maryland 20740
Office Telephone Number:  301-474-1136
Mobile Telephone Number:  301-343-1457
FIRE SPRINKLERS SAVE LIVES 


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Bobby
Gillett
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 1:44 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Exterior dry system piping under canopy

I have a dry system (non-FM in TN) under an exterior canopy. Is there
somewhere it states the pipe and fittings are to be corrosion resistant
(ex.
Galv.)? I thought somewhere it stated for preact it had to be
regardless,
but I can't find that either. Maybe I'm pulling an old spec from a
project
out of my brain as the last two I've done have required galv. piping per
the
spec book.

 

 

Bobby Gillett

Sr. Project Manager

Key Fire Protection, Inc.

(731) 424-0130 office  (731) 424-9285 fax 

(731) 267-4853 cell

 <mailto:[email protected]>
[email protected]

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email
to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 
Version: 9.0.791 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2752 - Release Date: 03/17/10
02:33:00

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com 
Version: 9.0.791 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2752 - Release Date: 03/17/10
02:33:00

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to