Was there ever a consensus on how to deal with two-high car stackers?
I know we've discussed this and there are two obvious issues: density
and obstruction.   I'm not sure that stacking changes the occupancy from
S-2 but the Ordinary Hazard Group 1 thing is certainly subject to
consideration.   If you consider the obstruction issue, there's really
no way to realistically get water below the upper car except drops to
below the obstruction as we'd do for doors or columns.   Which isn't
viable as this particular facility will have aisles like a rack storage
occupancy.   If we overlook the concept of obstruction, we could call it
solid piled storage of automobiles, but I'm not sure what class that
would be.   Has anyone completed a stacker application successfully and
if so, what was the approved basis of design?   


Steve Leyton
Protection Design & Consulting
San Diego, CA 
 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to