That has been one of my theories. My only question is what caused the head  
to go off now. It's been that way for 30 years and they've never had any  
problems. I'm still confused .
 
 
In a message dated 1/6/2012 9:12:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email protected] writes:

Sounds  like a "cleanout head", that should've been connected to domestic
water  supply, was incorrectly connected to the fire system during  original
construction. The head should be an open head, controlled by a  valve at the
top of the shaft. It shouldn't set off the pump or fire  alarm.

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 2:46 PM, <[email protected]>  wrote:

> I had a sprinkler head go off at the top of a trash chute  today. The head
> is in an unreachable position inside the middle the  top of the chute.  It
> is
> also being fed off some kind of  contraption I have never seen. Some type
> of large baffle with a 1"  street elbow coming off of it and something in
> the
> middle with  a lever. There are heads on every floor, just inside the 
trash
>  chute  doors, which is common. Does anybody know what type of assembly  
this
> is at the  very top center of the chute? How can I possible  change this
> head
> if I can't  even get near it? I broke  the 1" union feeding this 
contraption
> which was  located outside  the chute. I just plugged it and need to 
figure
> out where to go   from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
>  Dave
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML  attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
>  
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/private/sprinklerforum/attachments/20120104/ae07e458/attachment.html
>  >
> _______________________________________________
>  Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
>  http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
>
--------------  next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:  
<http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/private/sprinklerforum/attachments/20120106/f7e15123/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum  mailing  list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/private/sprinklerforum/attachments/20120106/aaadd158/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to