Sorry about that Ron, I get carried away. I should have stopped with
'...paradox...', since it addressed spacing and detection.
It is pretty hard to leave time out of battling accidental fires though, it
being of the utmost importance, so we have flow rates, heat release rates,
response time index...

Brad  

-----Original Message-----
From: rongreenman . [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 8:50 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Spacing Rules

Well, now that you two have hijacked my thread.... This was a question
about philosophy and history, not math and time. Let's try again, and the
bathroom compartmentalization thread is similar to what I'd like some
feedback on.

Most discussion about spacing rules revolve around arguments relating to
distribution. I'm wondering how many are based on heat detection.

For instance, why can I use an XYZ SSP head to cover 225 sq in light hazard
but not ordinary. Since I'm after density over square footage I can
certainly accomplish this prohibited feat. But after a given edition we are
suddenly required to use QR heads for light hazard for some unspecified
reason. That certainly doesn't have anything to do with coverage.

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to