Brad,
Go to Toastmasters meetings. Little  by little they teach you  to overcome 
stage fright.
 
Mario Berrios
[email protected]

 
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Casterline <[email protected]>
To: sprinklerforum <[email protected]>
Sent: Mon, Jun 23, 2014 2:00 pm
Subject: RE: to Pitot or not to Pitot?


Hi Ken!

http://www.nfpa.org/newsandpublications/nfpa-journal/2014/may-june-2014/feat
ures/the-haunted-castle-revisited

This link is to an article in NFPA journal that explains what it covered.
I was co-presenter, but I did not say anything. Jack Fairchild was Penn and
I was Teller :). I was handling the twitter feed for any questions during
the presentation, but there were none. I was too much of a nervous wreck to
speak. I am only good at running my mouth in front of a monitor.

Apparently Russ Fleming only goes to the convention every-other year, on odd
numbered years, but he made an exception and was there! That felt really
good.

I told Kathleen Robinson, the author of the article that I had started
reading the article replacing Fairchild and Casterline with Fairchild and
Gump, and picturing me photo-bombing an important time in FP history, saying
things like "I know what love iis" and "I gotta pee". I still find it hard
to believe I am in the same article with names like Schirmer, Jensen, and
Fleming.

On the thank you page of our power point presentation we thanked AFSA
Sprinkler Forum, because ~2 years ago that is were Fairchild found
Casterline :)

thanks for feedback and interest. I am quite proud of the research,
modeling, and PP presentation. Matt Grise (forumite) is president of MO-KAN
chapter SFPE, and I asked him about me giving the presentation at a lunch
meeting sometime and he likes the idea. I want to get over my stage fright.

Brad 




-----Original Message-----
From: Parsley Consulting [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 12:34 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: to Pitot or not to Pitot?

Brad,
     I heard you had a presentation at the NFPA meeting on the Haunted 
Castle Fire.  What did it cover, and how did it go?
Ken Wagoner
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

 
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to