I was just asked this question by the fire dept at a project where we designed 
a helipad foam system .

"A question has come up regarding the new helipad at the MRH.  We know there is 
a foam system installed that should provide approx. 10 minutes of foam mixture 
to the helipad upon activation of the system.  If foam is required for a longer 
period of time or if for some reason foam isn't being produced in the discharge 
from the monitors the question was asked would it be possible to supply a 
foam/water solution into the FDC on the building?  I realize this would 
probably not produce very nice foam but I would just like to know if there is 
any reason why a person could not attempt this if they felt it was required?  "


My  first response would be no , based on NFPA 16 2011  6.2.5 alone ,  any one 
else ran into this situation or offer any comments ?

Thanks  !


Colin Carew


_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to