From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org] On
Behalf Of Gary Stites
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2017 1:41 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: Heating cable and 1" wrap. [EXTERNAL]

I once saw a grid system (with no dead ends,drops etc.) that had a small
circulation pump on it that would start pumping when the temperature reached
freezing. Thus circulating water from the remote point of the system to the
base of the riser. I thought it was an interesting solution (though probably
not legal)! It was in an area that rarely reached freezing temps.

Gary Stites
RLH Fire Protection

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Jamie Seidl