From: Sprinklerforum [mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org]
On Behalf Of Prahl, Craig/GVL
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 5:17 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Heating cable and 1" wrap.

?  You could use heat detection in lieu of smoke detection depending on
environmental conditions.

Heat tracing a complete system is a disaster waiting to happen IMHO.

Also the Heat trace system must be electronically supervised to insure
operability.  So he will need a fire alarm system for it to connect to.

Craig L. Prahl
Fire Protection Group Lead/SME
CH2M
200 Verdae Blvd.