IMO, 13D does not reference NFPA 20.  Therefore, there is no indication of a 
need for a reliable power source.  Would it be a prudent decision to have 
backup power? IMO yes.  Is it required? I don't believe so.





Travis Mack, SET

M.E.P.CAD | Instructor / Support

181 N. Arroyo Grande Blvd. #105 I Henderson, NV 89074

www.mepcad.com<http://www.mepcad.com/> | m: 480.547.9348| Whatspp: +14805479348

Email: [email protected]



AutoSPRINK  |  AutoSPRINK FAB  |  AutoSPRINK RVT  |  AlarmCAD



Academy of Fire Sprinkler Technology | Director, Engineering Technology

101 S Main Street, Suite 001, Decatur, IL 62523

________________________________
From: Fpdcdesign <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2025 6:45 AM
To: Sprinklerforum <[email protected]>
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] 13D generator requirements

I am working on a group home, which by all of the Code analysis, requires a 
standard 13D system. They propose to install a pump and tank system. Would a 
back up power supply be required for this? I have never been asked about it but 
can’t find much that addresses it.

Todd G Williams, PE
Fire Protection Design/Consulting
Stonington, CT
860-535-2080<tel:860-535-2080> (ofc)
860-554-7054<tel:860-554-7054>  (fax)
860-608-4559<tel:860-608-4559> (cell)
_________________________________________________________
SprinklerForum mailing list:
https://lists.firesprinkler.org/list/sprinklerforum.lists.firesprinkler.org
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to