> The reasons for the failures that I've had time to look into have
> so far had as much to do with the tests as with the MSSQL module.
> They are mostly fixable within the constraints that the various
> supported MSSQL DBAPI modules impose:
>
>     -- DBLib (required by pymssql) does not like Unicode, and has a
> 30 character identifier limit
>     -- pymssql seems to
> have troubles with multiple cursors on a single connection and
> doesn't properly implement rowcounts on executemany()
>     -- Pyodbc doesn't work with multiple result sets (I believe a
> patch to fix this is about)
>     -- Pyodbc has troubles with the SQL 2000 syntax of "select
> scope_identity()"
>     -- There are issues on all DBAPI modules (really, an issue with
> MSSQL) comparing Python strings to MSSQL TEXT columns
>     -- Probably a half-dozen more issues that I've missed here.

one suggestion - why not make one "organisational" ticket and list all
these there? compiled from other mails too? and any other issues
about mssql? and keep it up-to-date?
otherwise it could be 20 separate tickets... with little (if any)
relation to SA.
or it can be a wiki page. probably better, easier to update.

i see such list for n-th time last 2-3 months, IMO its a waste of time
to recall all this, lets put it into some place...

ciao
svilen