2007/7/26, Paul Johnston <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> One thing PyMSSQL will never support is Unicode - the MSSQL interface is
> uses is deprecated and just doesn't do unicode. For that reason, you may
> do better to focus your efforts on getting PyODBC working better on
> Unix. Right at the minute though it's more problematic than PyMSSQL.

I could see that...
One thing though :
 - pymssql, on unix, is based on freetds
 - pyODBC, at least on my system, use an ODBC driver based on freetds
The question is : if pymssql does not support unicode, does it mean
that freetds doesn't ?
Sub-Question : if FreeTDS supports unicode, is it realistic to try and
modify pymssql to make it more specific to freetds and support unicode
?

Christophe