Hi,

> 1 recreate/remove the old one if it exists
>how about 1? it also does depend badly on db-dialect.

Personally, I'd do this step manually. Not sure I quite trust a script
that has the potential to "drop database"

>btw: why is the 'text_as_varchar=1' considered only if it is in url
>(see mssql.py create_connect_args()) and not if it is in the
>connect_args argument to create_engine()?

Fair question, and the short answer is because that's all I needed. We
did have a discussion about unifying create_engine args and URL params,
but it turns out there are a few gotchas. We could allow specification
in both places - is this important to you?

Paul