On Wednesday 08 August 2007 11:44:57 Paul Johnston wrote:
> Hi,
>
> heh, adding this raw-data-copy to the autoload.py
>
> > makes quite a database-copier/migrator...
>
> Yes indeed, I used this yesterday to migrate a legacy database, it
> was impressively quick and easy.
>
> I can see we've got similar requirements in this area. Perhaps you
> and I could work together to package up some of these techniques in
> a more polished manner. Maybe dbcook is the place to do this; I've
> still not downloaded it.

yes, it can be done there.
Although to me it's all plain sqlalchemy (not using anyhing out of
dbcook layers), and just extensions of MetaData: _reflect(),
_copy_data(), _diff(). Once these things go into some MetaData
methods in a way or another, it can go back into UsageRecipes as it
would be all 10-15 lines of code.