On Dec 8, 2007, at 9:55 PM, Chris M wrote:

> One thing I'd be worried about is that after an add_entity there is no
> way to set options on the main entity afterwards. You could provide a
> reset_entitypoint, but it wouldn't work the same as with joins because
> after a reset_joinpoint you can rejoin along the same path to filter
> more criterion if necessary. Still, I think some functionality is
> better than no functionality... it's not that big of a deal, is it?

when the notion of "reset_entitypoint" comes in, things have just
gottten out of hand.   at some point we're going to have to decide
that order is significant with query's generative behavior, and people
will have to use it with that knowledge in mind.  its already been
suggested as a result of other behaviors (such as
query[5:10].order_by('foo') doesnt generate a subquery, for example).