Hi,

In my case, the data is coming from FormEncode. I guess it could come from
JSON, but that would be JSON client to server, which is not the usual way
round.

The proposal is for a standalone function, I'm thinking you'd do something
like:

from sqlalchemy.ext.proc_hash import proc_hash
proc_hash(myobj, mydata)

As this is just plumbing python data structures into database objects, I
think it's fitting to the SA-core goals.

Paul