On Apr 14, 2008, at 10:11 AM, Paul Johnston wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my case, the data is coming from FormEncode. I guess it could
> come from JSON, but that would be JSON client to server, which is
> not the usual way round.

JSON is just an object encoding, in my mind it has no implications
regarding clients/servers.

> The proposal is for a standalone function, I'm thinking you'd do
> something like:
>
> from sqlalchemy.ext.proc_hash import proc_hash
> proc_hash(myobj, mydata)
>
> As this is just plumbing python data structures into database
> objects, I think it's fitting to the SA-core goals.

the function so far seems pretty use-case specific.  (only works in
one direction, is hardcoded to the "obj.mapper" convention, sort of
"looks" like JSON but isn't, etc.)  Even if it were JSON I dont think
thats an SA core feature.