Michael Bayer wrote:
> SQLA doesn't quote bind values.  It passes bind parameters, so this is
> likely pyodbc assigning quoting.
>
> The first step here is to get a full binary round trip working with
> only pyodbc, no SQLA in use.  The dialect can then be adjusted to do
> whatever is needed in that regard.

Along these lines, I have created a post[1] on the pyodbc Help forum
regarding the unit tests failing for BINARY and a few other types.

I haven't heard anything back yet.  I'll create a bug soon if nothing is
forthcoming.

-John

[1] http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2262548&forum_id=550700