Rick Morrison wrote:
>  > The first step here is to get a full binary round trip working with
>  > only pyodbc, no SQLA in use.
>
> Well, that's how I got as far as I did, but that was with straight text,
> no bind params

I did a little more digging into this and found out that pyodbc with
straight hex numbers works fine, but when using a buffer object it borks.

>  > so this is likely pyodbc assigning quoting.
>
> OK then, dead end #2. I'll return to this when I've got a few more minutes.

It also looks as though this is only a pyodbc issue on linux as all of
the pyodbc tests pass on windows.  I'm suspecting some weird behavior
between pyodbc, unixODBC and FreeTDS.

I have opened a ticket on the pyodbc [1] project page and the dev is
going to take a look at it.

Hopefully we'll have an answer soon.

-John

[1]