hm i had not run my tests for quite a while.. this seems recent thing.
lets see if i can dig anything of help... nothing much, one side
works, another not at all.

one of my set of inheritance tests (direct over sa, A-B) is ok.

the other one (over dbcook) fails completely, even for A-B
inheritance. But they seem same as mapping... there's something
really subtle.
i either get a sort of decart product, or empty result.

and also i stepped on this:
  File "sqlalchemy/orm/mapper.py", line 168, in __init__
    self.with_polymorphic[1] = self.with_polymorphic[1].alias()
TypeError: 'tuple' object does not support item assignment

ciao
svil