> > this is still there:
> >   File "sqlalchemy/orm/mapper.py", line 168, in __init__
> >     self.with_polymorphic[1] = self.with_polymorphic[1].alias()
> > TypeError: 'tuple' object does not support item assignment
>
> try mapping to something that is already an alias() (this would
> lend insight into your other problem)
ah, okay, i'm aliasing my stuff, but removed the alias to check
something else and stepped on this one. passing in a list works too.

> > also, related question: once there is A-B-C, concrete, how u'd
> > get some A by id? query(A).filter_by(id=1) returns 3 objects, one
> > of A,B,C. i guess some filter( mapper.polymorphic_on ==
> > 'Aidentity') should be there, but how to guess if A is inherited
> > concrete hence needs that?
> > or is that automaticaly done by query.get() and i missed it?
>
> if B and C inherit from A, then three objects is the right answer
> in that case.   put this in the bucket of reasons why concrete
> table inheritance in conjunction with polymorphic loading by
> default should be avoided.
>
> I was about to advise using query.with_polymorphic() only, no
> mapper polymorphic at all, for this case but I realized this is
> currently incompatible with the need for a polymorphic
> discriminator column.  so maybe we can add that as a third argument
> to with_polymorphic().

okay, then i get this as answer to my other question - so concrete
polymorhism relations/get()/identity on top of it are blue_sky.
that's okay - just put a line about it in the docs.
dbcook is throwing warnings about it since long time.

svil