On Wednesday 03 December 2008 23:28:01 Michael Bayer wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2008, at 3:45 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > okay, then i get this as answer to my other question - so
> > concrete polymorhism relations/get()/identity on top of it are
> > blue_sky. that's okay - just put a line about it in the docs.
> > dbcook is throwing warnings about it since long time.
>
> modify your code to use the query.with_polymorphic('*', selectable,
> some_discriminator_column) approach in r5413, and then tell me what
> issues remain.

u mean a plain mapper without polymorphism, then above
query().with_poly? that seem to work.
but it still needs .filter(
  discriminator==identity) for a get()-like op to work.

and in this case each query() will also needs the .with_poly(..)
stuff, so whole automatics (specifying things once) gets lost.

ah, forget it. i dont need concrete without working relations, just
played with the tests.
if u decide one day to finish this concrete stuff and need coverage of
fullblown combinations of A-B-C + all-possible-references, yell.
it's in dbcook/tests/test_ABC_inh_ref_all.py

the loss of synchron between the polymorphic_on and the
with_polymorphic[1] if alias'ed, may be a problem one day for
someone, but it's up to you.

ciao
svil