On Dec 3, 2008, at 5:15 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Wednesday 03 December 2008 23:28:01 Michael Bayer wrote:
>> On Dec 3, 2008, at 3:45 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>> okay, then i get this as answer to my other question - so
>>> concrete polymorhism relations/get()/identity on top of it are
>>> blue_sky. that's okay - just put a line about it in the docs.
>>> dbcook is throwing warnings about it since long time.
>>
>> modify your code to use the query.with_polymorphic('*', selectable,
>> some_discriminator_column) approach in r5413, and then tell me what
>> issues remain.
>
> u mean a plain mapper without polymorphism, then above
> query().with_poly? that seem to work.
> but it still needs .filter(
>  discriminator==identity) for a get()-like op to work.

no, you say session.query(cls).get(x) - you're looking for class
"cls".  get() is not going to figure that out for you.  I think
concrete inheritance is more useful when its less magical.

> and in this case each query() will also needs the .with_poly(..)
> stuff, so whole automatics (specifying things once) gets lost.

if you want polymorphic loading.  Which you usually shouldn't, if you
are using concrete inheritance.  it is not optimized for that.

> ah, forget it. i dont need concrete without working relations, just
> played with the tests.

there we go !