> > Whats the status of 0.5, is DSN the default in trunk now ?
>
> DSN is the first choice in MSSQLDialect_pyodbc.make_connect_string
> right now.

That's not what I see. I just pulled the 0.5 trunk, which I haven't been
tracking lately. Still uses the 'dsn' keyword build a connection string with
DSN, otherwise defaults to the former dsn-less connection string behavior.

What Mike is taking about is an idea initially advanced by Marc-Andre
Lemburg to make the 'host' portion of the dburl to represent a DSN for
pyodbc connections (any supplied database name would be ignored) for the 0.5
trunk, and have the existing dsn-less connection behavior become a
keyword-only kind of thing.

I made a patch for that many moons ago, but never committed it; it makes a
lot of sense, and the 0.5 release would be an appropriate time to introduce
this kind of compatibilty-breaking behavior. But there's been a rather
surprising lack of fans for the idea, and I would expect to hear some
grumbling from users if/when we do it.